Thursday, November 7, 2019

Mini Reviews





I wasn't really sure what to think of this when I picked it up. It sounded really cool and Joe Hill wrote the introduction, but I was still a little hesitant. Which I shouldn't have been because I adored this. Behind You is a collection of spooky and creepy art with just a sentence to describe what happened. Everything else is up to your imagination. And, while some pieces are more spooky then anything. A couple of them were hands down creepy. Because don't notice the thing until at first until you read the small description. It was a great, and quick, read. Perfect for being curled up under a blanket at home in the evening. Very glad I picked this up. 4 Stars!










This one has been are my radar for a minute, and for no really good reason I just haven't picked up. The covers were amazing and what originally drew me into the series. It was only made better by the plot and the fact the story was based in an asylum. Thus the name of the book. Everything after just sort of fell short for me. The characters I started out loving never developed past that first few pages, the romance that develops between two of our three main characters seemed forced and stilted, and I just kept waiting for it to get scary, or spooky, or something. I wanted to a reason to keep turning the pages, a bigger mystery, or something to get my heart racing. Sadly I was left hanging to the point I kept finding reasons to not read. So sadly I decided to move on from this series. DNF.



No comments:

Post a Comment