Monday, November 11, 2019

Mini Reviews



How cute was this?! So, Pumpkinheads was my first Rainbow Rowell book, and I got say I'm sold on her writing style. This was down right adorable. The story was fun, upbeat, full of excitement, and great snacks. I adored everything about Deja, her attitude, the fact she was curvy, and her love for snacks. But, I also Josie and how much he loves the pumpkin patch. Most of all I loved their friendship. The story itself is brilliant and relatable to a lot of people. The artwork was great and full of those warm fall colors. It also added to the side stories going on around our two main characters, and who doesn't love a book with a map in the front! 5 STARS!!







I wasn't sure if this was going to be my jam, but notorious for picking up books with amazing covers. This was one of those times where it worked in my favor. Bloodlust & Bonnets is not be taken seriously. In fact it makes fun of my Regency era tropes, and a bit at the fantasy genre at well. From start to finish this is absolutely ridiculous. The artwork itself was different than what is normal seen in Graphic Novels, but I thought it fit with the overall theme of the story. It was a wonderful little read that me giggling to myself while was bundle up on my sofa with my cats. 4 STARS!







HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment