Saturday, August 7, 2021

Something is Killing the Children Vol 3 - Review

Author: James Tynion IV
Genre: Graphic Novel
Format: Paperback
Pages: 144 
I love this series, and I just found that Netflix is working on turning it into a live-action. A fact that I'm really excited about because this storyline was built for mini-series form. This is a series that gets better and better with every volume. I was a little worried when I cracked this open because a few months have passed since I read the second volume, but it was unwarranted since I picked the story right up.

This volume takes place just hours after the last left off, so it was easy to pick up. Tynion weaves little reminders of the past two volumes in here and there as the new story unfolds. This volume gives a bigger look at the Order of St. George. We learn that there are two factions inside the order: Black Bandanas and White Bandanas. It seems that those with the White Bandanas have been full-on drinking the Flavor-Aid because they don't seem to care who gets hurt as long as the monsters get dealt with quickly and quietly. 

Which isn't exactly Erica's way of thinking.

Volume Three is the end of the story in Archer's Peak, and while the monsters are dead the town will never be the same. I have to say I really enjoyed the mix of happy and not-so-happy endings. Jimmy saved a lot of people, but he'll never get to be a hero. All while Erica is moving on to the next town. There are still a lot of unanswered questions as well. So while this story is wrapped up there is clearly more to come. 

I really want to know what it's so important about Erica that she needs to stay at St. George? That's the main I want to be answered. Because I feel like it's more than just she saw a monster. More so now that we learned in this book how those monsters are created. Which, was a pretty cool fun fact. I like that these aren't just a creature feature kind of monster. I like that they came from these kids. That little fun fact makes it all the more creepy.

So, I enjoyed how Tynion wrapped up this part of the Erica Slaughter story, and I'm excited to see where Volume Four is going to go. I'm also really pretty thrilled about the fact it's been picked up by Netflix! 


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment