Saturday, August 12, 2023

Creepy Cat Vol. 1 - Review


Author: Cotton Valen
Genre: Graphic Novel
Format: Paperback
Pages: 132



I mean the title of this book has before anything else. In fact, I didn't even read the synopsis of this book. I saw the cats on the cover, and the goth-looking theme, and smashed the Hold Button on my library dashboard. There was nothing else I needed to know.

There was no disappointment found in Volume 1. It was as adorable as I assumed it would be. The story was fun and silly, and there was in fact a creepy cat living in a creepy house with a cute little goth girl. It's very Addams Family in vibe, which I loved. 

Also the creepy is very subtle throughout the story. Because it's not really the cat that's creepy. I have questions about the cat because it's more like a Squishmallow come to life than a cat, but that house is totally haunted. And, I love how Cotton showed the ghost of this house throughout each panel. And how the new owner of the house explains everything away thanks to this cat.

I enjoyed all the characters we've met so far, and the story is quirky and fun. It really feels like Cotton enjoyed writing and illustrating this story. Because I had a lot of fun reading it. 

The story behind the cats is interesting enough that you want to know what they are, and where they came from. Was the nightmare and warning? What do the cats want? What's with the super creepy girl and the weird not-there mansion?

I'll definitely be picking up the rest of these volumes throughout the rest of the year. Because yeah, this was a fun and quick read that had me laughing from start to finish!   




HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment