Saturday, August 5, 2023

June Favorite


I grew up in the age of R.L. Stine! When the Goosebump series was everyone, including on TV, and you can bet I've seen every single episode. I'm also sure I've read nearly all of the original books. At one point in time, I had an entire tote full of original books. But I in my twenties didn't think they were something I wanted to keep. Current me is not amused with the past me as I slowly hunt down all the original editions of some childhood favorites.

Now I tell you that to tell you this, the adult R.L. Stine I just picked up from the library and devoured is exactly what I needed. It's Goosebumps but with more gore and a bit more language. Honestly, it was great, and I'll have a full review in a couple of days, but this was my last read in July and by far my favorite read. 

I hope to see more of these Tales to come. I'd love to see Stine retell more of the classics in a more modern setting.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment