Friday, July 26, 2024

Mini Reviews


 

Gert is back! And to no one surprise, she's not doing well. Gert is all grown up as I said she's struggling. I have missed this universe so much. While Skottie Young wrapped up the first part of this series well, I'm pumped to be back in Fairyland. I'm probably the only one. We all know that Gert doesn't want to be there, but she's been struggling since her return from Fairyland. Something that I don't think surprised anyone. I love how this started out as a world-domination plot, but ended with Gert stuck in Fairyland, again. This held the same sort of chaotic fun of the original series, and while Young is no longer doing the art, Brett Bean didn't do a cracking job. Each page is still colorful, and bloody, and it feels like no time has passed between volumes four and five. This was a lot of fun from start to finish. I liked that we got to finally see a bit beyond Fairyland, and a little more about where, and what, Fairyland is. I'm even more stocked about a familiar face about to make an appearance in the next volume! I've missed him most of all!



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment