Thursday, December 12, 2019

Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky - Review

Series: Montague Siblings
Genre: Young Adult / Historical Fiction / Novella
Format: Hardback
Pages: 128

WE HATE RICHARD PEELE!

But, I adore Percy and Monty.

Monty is such precious bean and I'd forgotten how much I adore him. In fact I'd forgotten how much happens in the first book, but Mackenzi Lee does a good job of doing a small recap through Monty's inner dialog that I was quick to remember. Even better was the fact that it didn't seem forced. Just Monty remember pieces of what happened. She also tied up a few smaller loose ends the happened after the first book ended.

Guide to Getting Lucky  was a lovely why to start my December reading. Mackenzi Lee has created some amazing characters for this series, and it was great to see a few again. It was also nice for Monty to get a little fatherly advice toward the end, and to see him doing his best to stay sober. To see the promises he made in the first book, he was at least trying to keep.

While this is novella, and quite a quick read, it packs a punch to every feeling you can imagine. My heard ached for these two as they started to learn to be together. As Monty learned to navigate is first actual relationship. To see Felicity planning on going for dream of getting her medical degree (I haven't read her book yet!).

This was everything I loved about this first book, and so much more. It was great to see the characters till growing and changing as this story unfolded. To remember how much I adore Mackenzi Lee's writing style. She's sarcastic and witty, but doesn't hold back her punches when she goes right for your heart. Because I hurt for Monty in this one. In the first book it was great to see him pull his head out of his backside and start seeing the people around him, but in this one. Ugh! He's such a precious bean.

I'm so glad she was able to publish this novella for those us who were late to the party with this series. It would have sucked to have missed out on watching these to find their way together, and I cannot wait to jump back into this series. 

Buy, Borrow, or Skip: Get it! The whole series, and pre-order the new one! This is so not my favorite genre to read, Romance and Historical Fiction, but this series. Mackenzi Lee has carved out a beautiful story for this era. I adore it!



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment