Thursday, November 12, 2020

Mini Reviews

 


I adore Skottie Young's artwork so much, and it fits perfectly with the wacky story Neil Gaiman is telling here. Fortunately, The Milk has been on my TBR for a long time, and in need of something light-hearted to read I finally picked this up. And, I got exactly what I wanted with this. It's weird and wacky and made all the more fun with Skottie Young's artwork. I laughed out loud a handful of times. Professor Steg and the Galatic Police dinosaurs are some of my favorite characters, closely followed by the little sister. All she wants in a story are ponies and emo wumpires, and honestly who hasn't? This was a fun read that is perfect for kids of all ages. 

This was alright. I enjoyed the artwork, but the stories left me kind of wanting every time. At first, I thought it was because this was my first time reading M.R. James, only after the second story I wasn't so sure. See for the most I liked the stories both of them had me interested and eager to flip the page, but it always felt like something was missing. Maybe these stories were too edit down, I don't know since these stories were all new to me. What I will say is not I'm interested in the original works of M.R. James who this graphic novel introduced me to because I feel like these stories have more to give. So that's why it gets three stars. Only I don't think I'll go back and read volume one anytime soon.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment