Monday, November 23, 2020

Mini Reviews


I love this series and take on the Sherlock Holmes canon because it isn't another Holmes story. This isn't a story about Sherlock, but about his nephew after Sherlock has "retired". I was introduced to Major Holmes and Captian Watson last year after ECCC, and I've been waiting a year for Issue #2. Finally, it arrived and it was well worth the wait! Not a second was lost from Issue #1 to Issue #2. I adore Sheffield Holmes and Imogen Watson, I also liked that Sheffield figured how she was and still kept working with her. I'm so happy we got more of Inspector Brick because he's probably my favorite of all the characters. Though I wasn't happy about how this issue ended. It's very rude to just kill a legend like that, but so excited for Issue #3 and Issue #4. They cannot come soon enough.


This was so cute! I honestly read it curled up in bed the other night and giggled from start to finish. It's a great parallel between a little kid getting ready or bed and Batman getting ready to fight crime. Each page is bright and colorful for the kids, with all the Batman characters they enjoy, and there is a bit of humor in there for the parents reading this book for the hundredth time. A total must-have for any superhero obsessed kid!

HAPPY READING!!



No comments:

Post a Comment