Monday, October 10, 2016

Horror October - Week 1 Recap


Well the first week of October has come and gone! Unfortunately, I didn't get to any of the books on my TBR.  Mostly because I picked up a lot of shifts at my work this week to help out because everyone was sick.  Tis the season.  Though, in true October fashion I had a pretty gnarly run-in with a hot glue gun that was so not enjoyable for anyone involved.  However, I did squeeze in a couple of movies this week from my list!


So I've seen this movie a handful of times already, and it honestly is still one of my favorite movies Alan Tudyk is in.  It's really a spoof of the backwoods Horror movies of years past, but with a twist that more hilarious than scary.  However, it is really gory.  So it's perfect for the Halloween season.  Tucker & Dale vs Evil, has become a Halloween tradition in our house.


I have no idea why it taken me so long to finally see this movie. It's produced by Guillermo del Toro.  Who has been making me sleep with the lights on for many years.  Horror October gave me the perfect reason to check it out from the library.  Holy Crap! So happy I decided to this during the day and not later that night.  I've been a little jumpy with the lights off.  The Orphanage is a creepy sort of take on Peter Pan and Wendy.  A very, very creepy version.  I jumped a handful of times and it kind of screws with your head as well, because I did not see that ending at all.  Definitely glad I picked this one up!

So, did anyone else do anything Halloween-ish this week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment