Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Ghostland

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming release that book bloggers are eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: October 4, 2016
Publisher: Viking
Author: Colin Dickey
Series: Stand Alone

Colin Dickey is on the trail of America's ghosts. Crammed into old houses and hotels, abandoned prisons and empty hospitals, the spirits that linger continue to capture our collective imagination, but why? His own fascination piqued by a house hunt in Los Angeles that revealed derelict foreclosures and "zombie homes," Dickey embarks on a journey across the continental United States to decode and unpack the American history repressed in our most famous haunted places. Some have established reputations as "the most haunted mansion in America," or "the most haunted prison"; others, like the haunted Indian burial grounds in West Virginia, evoke memories from the past our collective nation tries to forget. 


I love compilations!  Of all the sub-genres out there, this one is my biggest weakness.  I'm not sure what it is about them, but I'm leaning toward the fact most of them are filled with strange facts that will never serve a purpose outside of a pub quiz.  We've won a couple thanks to my weird knowledge of all things strange and unusual.  Ghostland is just another in ever growing pile of compilations I want to read.  That is the real reason I'm waiting to grab this one up.  I need to finish the stack I have.

What's everyone waiting on this week?  Anything spooky for the Halloween and Fall season? 



No comments:

Post a Comment