Monday, March 1, 2021

February Wrap Up

I'm not going to lie I'm really glad to see the end of this month. February was a chore to get through. My birthday weekend was fun, though! That was probably the highlight of the month. It that this month was terrible for me, it was just plain weird with a sprinkle of things stressing me out. But, we got a couple of snow days which were fun. Just a lot of ups and downs this month that have let me a little wrung out.

Finally, my county has started to open up. While that doesn't mean I'm back to work, it does mean that some opportunities have come my way, and as sad as I am to think about leaving the bar where I was working before lockdown, I jumped on them. So that was sort of bittersweet. On the one hand, it's nice to feel like I have a plan, but on the other, I really liked where I was before.

Lastly, I finally broke down and bought myself a little office setup. I have this amazing letter-writing desk that I inherited from my great-grandma that I want to start using more. But, it's not exactly technology-friendly. This makes it hard to work there, but I'm on the computer more between the blog and the blog's Insta so I needed to do something. And, while I love sharing a workspace with my roommate and the days she works from home, it'll be nice to have my own space to work. Hopefully, this new setup keeps me focused because between this space and Instagram I have a lot of really fun content headed everyone's one. Probably, I think it's cool, hopefully, y'all agree with me.



Books Read:  6
BINGO Books: 4
Pages Read: 1454
Currently Reading: Last Call & The Unkindess of Ravens



I really enjoyed the #buddyreadstodiefor (a Buddy Read via Instagram) this month. So I'll be joined them for their March read. After hearing why my roommate had to say about this book, I'm really excited to jump into it.

To celebrate the fact it was my birthday my roommate took me to my local bookstore and let me run free. I've added some really good-looking books to my TBR pile. I also got my first book box from Night Worms that had three awesome-looking books inside. One of them for sure I'll be waiting until this Fall to crack to open, but the others might make it into my Spring and Summer reading piles. And, because I've been so scatterbrained I forget to include the amazing copy of Lycanthropy and Other Chronic Illness that I received from Quirk Books. My review of that will up sometime in the coming month!

(also pictured is my "little" photobomber, Max)

How was everyone else's February? Read anything that blew your mind, or broke your heart? Add anything fun to your bookshelf? What's on your list for March?

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment