Thursday, February 17, 2022

Sarah's Scribbles: Oddball - Review

Author: Sarah Andersen
Genre: Comicbook
Format: Paperback
Pages: 105

I adore Sarah Anderson's comics, and I've been not so very patiently waiting for the fourth installment of the Sarah's Scribbles Collection. She speaks to my introverted soul.

What I love about this series is by now I know what to expect when I picked this up. I know Sarah Andersen's work on sight, I know the humor they will use, and I know I'm going to laugh. So I always get really excited when I see she has another collection coming out. Each one has been fun and it pokes fun at things that a lot of us deal with daily.

Do I relate to everything in the book? No, but I can still see the humor in it. I can see how Sarah pulls from her own life when she's drawing each little comic. And, I enjoy that. 

I love the kind of art Sarah Andersen puts in these books. It's got that newspaper cartoon feel to it that speaks to my childhood when I use to love reading the funny pages in my grandad's newspaper. Andersen has held onto that style for four books now, and I can pick out characters at this point that she's used throughout the series. So there is cohesion there even though each page is episodic in a way. No story lasts more than a couple of pages, which makes the books easy to read.

From start to finish I enjoyed this installment as much as the others. I went into it expecting to laugh, and I did just that. Totally worth my wait for both the release date and for it to finally arrive at my local library. I always suggest these to friends when they want a fun quick read. And this one came at the best time. I'm reading a very depressing book, and this was a nice little pick me up that I needed!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment