Friday, October 7, 2022

Classic Horror Favorites


The horror genre has been one of my favorites for a long time, both in books and movies. I love just how many horror books come out each year in all shapes and sizes. It's cool to see how the genre has changed over the years. Not just in adult horror, but the spooky books for kids have changed as well. I've picked up some Middle-Grade spooky reads that would have had the younger me sleeping with the lights.

But, for me as much as I love horror authors I've discovered over the last few years. There's something about the classics that I hold dear to my heart. My mom and Mim were big about taking me to the library during the summer. It was there I discovered these books called Classics For Kids, sort of abridged versions of these books.  

This was how I first read Frankenstein, Dracula, Doctor Jekyll, and Mr. Hyde. The last one scared the crap out of me, but they also lead me to read Chuthulu and other weird and creepy books.

And, while I love so many of the horror books that came after them. These are the ones that probably started my love of horror in Middle School. That tipped me away from Goosebumps and into Christopher Pike and then Stephen King.

It's not just the old classic books that I enjoy either. I adore the Universal Creature Feature Movies. Nosferatu still creeps me right out, and thanks to Poe I hate small spaces. Not.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment