Friday, October 14, 2022

Hanging with Vampires - Review

Author: Insha Fitzpatrick
Genre: Humor/Nonfiction
Format: Paperback
Pages: 124
A huge thank you to Quirk Books for sending me an early copy of Hanging with Vampires for my honest review! 

This was absolutely adorable! I enjoyed every single second of this book. Vampires have been my favorite creatures. I would say I spent a hunk of my youth obsessed with vampires. Mostly because I grew up in the age of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but also because they're cool. 


And, while this book does have a few throwbacks to my childhood love of vampires. It also mentions a few of my adult love of vampires. It was only the smallest nod to Henry Sturges, but I saw it and I loved it.

For me, the best thing about Hanging with Vampires is just how much fun Insha Fitzpatrick seemed to have to put this book together. Yes, it is jammed packed with vampire facts, history, lore, and stories. But it's also filled with jokes, personal comments, and joy. The author had fine writing this book and you can tell throughout the pages.

The next thing I enjoyed was how Fitzpatrick touches on more than just the European lore. Vampire lore is found throughout the world in different degrees, and I loved that so many of those different versions got touched on inside Hanging with Vampires.

I also really enjoyed the breaks between chapters with the interviews of not only the most famous vampire but the father of the vampire story as well. Those were a fun way to tell a bit of vampire history. There are interactive pages as well. I knew so many of those vampire books! I also will bust out the spooky story builder as part of our Halloween fun this month!

And, I will be trying that garlic bread. I have the perfect red sauce recipe to go along with it.

Hanging with Vampires is a must-have for vampire fans of all ages. It was a lot of fun and I read quite a bit out loud to my roommate. I cannot wait to see the final copy and see all the artwork that filled the pages. If you have vampire lovers in your life, this book is something they definitely need to read!

Hanging with Vampires will be released on March 28, 2023!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment