Thursday, October 20, 2022

Vintage Hallowe'en Party Book - Review

Author: Robert Pandis
Genre: Cookbook
Format: Hardback
Pages: 184

Every once in a while I found a gem of a book thanks to Instagram. I follow a book museum in California (Mystic Museum), and it's on my bucket list to visit if I'm ever in Burbank. A couple of weeks ago this popped up on their page. Sadly I missed my chance to get one, but luckily demand was so high they got more copies in.

And, I got one!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. And, I love the old vintage decorations. Plus, I love old cookbooks. Because there are always some gems hidden underneath all the questionable recipes.

This was an absolute delight. Not only is it filled with some recipes I plan on trying. It's also filled with some that should have stayed in the past, but they were fun to read about. My roommate's face when I read some aloud was hilarious. Because if I have to know about them, she does too.

There were also some fun party ideas including some old-school costumes. I was especially fond of the crepe paper dresses. Some of them were really cute. The centerpieces were also super cute and creative. Some of the games sounded interesting,  but others didn't age so well. I did like the idea of instead of bobbing for apples, just dangling them from the ceiling. While this makes it harder, it's less of a mess all around.

All around this was a fun and quick read that I enjoyed. I'm really glad I managed to snag a copy. It makes a great Halloween coffee table book, a great conversation starter, and it'll make a great addition to our Halloween mantlepiece.

This is also filled with great photos from Halloween past. So you can get a visual on some of the amazing table set-ups, old school costumes, some of the food, and some super creepy, but awesome, Halloween decorations!

The downside is these are a limited printing. So if you love Halloween and this is your jam, the author has a page on Amazon where there are still copies available!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment