Saturday, November 11, 2023

Mini Reviews


This was interesting. I really liked the idea of the school stuck in time, and I loved the Hellboy universe. These characters fit well into the universe, and the storyline definitely started out well, fast-paced, with enough mystery to keep you reading. The problem is, at about halfway through the plot starts to grow to a point that a stand-alone couldn't, and didn't, solve. The main plot of why Sara was brought to school was solved, but in the process of solving that opened a lot of doors that lead to questions. It sucks this is a stand-alone.



I'm not entirely certain what I listened to with this, but it was crazy. I've never heard of Charlie Schmid and after hearing about what he looked like, how he tried to look like a cross between Elvis and James Dean. Harold Schechter always does a good job with his writing, and I thought I knew what I was going to see. But, I was wrong. Between the story of Schmid's crime, the way he made himself look, and the fact he escaped for like three days! What the hell?! This was a crazy case that somehow I've never heard of, a story Joyce Carol Oats used as inspiration for a story. This Bloodlands series has been really good. The Pied Piper is probably one of my favorites from the series. Also, in case I haven't said it, I really like the narrator for these! 


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment