Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Mini Reviews




This is not only my favorite fantasy universe but my favorite book in the series. I don't even know how many times I've re-read The Crown Tower, but it's enough that I can quote whole sections. Most of them the banter between Hadrian and Royce. So when I was looking on Audible for a book to listen to while I was doing inventory at work, I lost my cool when I saw this series has a full case audio edition. I didn't even think about it, I just used one of my credits and then proceeded to listen to this for the next three days. It was so good, and the actors who voiced Hadrian and Royce did a great job. The team that created really brought this book to life, and it was an amazing way to jump back into this series. It's very much a comfort read for me. They really did this book justice. I was nervous throughout this whole book about whoever was going to play Royce because he's got a dry sense of humor. When he cares to have a sense of humor, he was after all raised by wolves. But, the voice actor who portrayed did an amazing job. No one wields sarcasm like a weapon quite like Royce.

I enjoyed this so much that I'm already a couple of chapters into The Rose and the Thorn. This whole case and production team did an amazing job. So far in both books, they've not only had me realizing there are still moments in the first book that I forgot, but there's so much foreshadowing through this series. Little pieces that despite the fact I've read this series through once, I just noticed. Maybe it's because I'm the stories being laid out before in a different way, or that it's easier to see when I'm not skipping ahead to all the Royce parts. But, it's been a fun way to sort of read my favorite book for the first time again.

So if you're a fan of the series and have access to Audible, because sadly they are only available there, you definitely need to check these out!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment