Friday, November 10, 2023

Reading Check-in


Well hello there! We are in the final two months of 2023, the holidays right around the corner, and a new year is just right there. It feels a little weird to start making plans for 2024. Thinking about a new Reading BINGO card, new reading goals, and what I want to do with the blog in the new year. Spitballing ideas with friends about this and that. I've even got a couple of ideas that might be more than ideas. One might even be a collab with work. But, the new year isn't why we're here! 

It's another reading check-in! Despite having two months I read a grand total of three books during those two months. I met my reading goal! So at this point, everything is just a bonus book. Because there's no way I'm just done reading for the year. Even if work does pick up with parties during the Holiday Parties over the next month and a half. 


As for my other reading goals, there is a pretty good chance I won't make my page goal. Fifteen thousand pages was pretty lofty for me, and I knew that going in. I'm currently sitting about a little over ten thousand pages. So I'll least be in the ballpark of what I wanted to hit. I managed to do a bit of catch-up on my A to Z Challenge last month. I probably won't finish the board, but I'll get close enough I'll want to give that challenge a go again next year! 

If it kills me I'm going to manage to clear this year's BINGO board! I've only got two squares left on the board and finally sorted out what I'm going to read to finish them. Once is going on my December TBR because it's a cozy mystery and those are my favorite to read during the winter months when it's dark, cold, and wet. As for the other, I'll probably pick it up this month. I'm still on Spooky Book Kick, so it's a good time to pick it up! 

I'm in a much better place than I thought I'd be there for a minute. I just got so busy with work and plans that I wasn't really reading much. But, last month outside of work, I wasn't going and going. So I caught up on those months where I couldn't be bothered to pick up a book. 

And, it feels good to complete one of my goals this year! Now, just remember to walk next door to work and get a tattoo appointment sorted!

HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment