Thursday, November 30, 2023

Mini Review


 

I am obsessed with this audio series! I mean I'm obsessed with this series to begin with because Royce is without a doubt one of my favorite fictional characters. The love of my life despite being a walking red flag. And, I've read the first book so many times my copy is hanging on by a thread. This was my second time reading The Rose and the Thorn, but in this case, they got to bring the book to life was amazing. And, while I remembered the main plot of this book, I'd forgotten about little pieces, like the Viscount. Who I adore for no other reason than he vexes Royce at every turn. 

And, while I hate to give anything to Amazon, I kind of have with this project. This is a series I've wanted to be green-lit for a show, or a movie, or something. A full-cast audio was my something. This was great, I listened to this over the course of two days. I started Monday while I was solo opening, and finished it Tuesday night before bed. I picked up things on I missed during the first reading, little foreshadowing moments that make more sense now for some reason. Or, maybe they made since last year, I'd just forgotten them. Either way, I might have this audiobook more than Crown Tower. 

Probably because Royce has an actual voice now I'm all about it! I am gearing up to read the third book, The Death of  Dulgath next. I have yet to read this book, or The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter, yet. These were added on after I had finished the series. So I'm behind on the filler books, and this feels like a great way to finally jump into them. Do a little read-a-long to fill the cold, dark, days of winter in the PNW. Plus, rumor has it Royce and Hadrian are coming back in 2024 with a new adventure!

If you are a fan of fantasy, buddy comedy, and sword fights, Royce is a stab-first-and-ask-later kind of guy, you need to pick up this series. They are easy to fall into and fast-paced, and Royce and Hadrian are a fun duo to watch bumble through one heist after another!


HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment