Saturday, April 13, 2024

Mini Reviews

 



This was really good. I went into this not really knowing what to expect, and I feel like that was the best way to go about it. It has the setup of a typical vampire book, but yet it's kind of not. Because for half a second, I thought we might get a happy ending. I also like how this book was gritty without being gross. It all sort of meshed together. Along with the fact this story is being told years later, so you wonder how much this person really still remembers. It leaves you wanting more, but at the same time totally works for a short story because you need more. I definitely need to pick up more books by Polansky.



This was both very weird and very accurate. I work in a kitchen, have off and on from well over a decade, and I will say we have the weirdest eating habits. I also believe that kitchen staff would defend a wounded vampire. No I will not be taking questions at this time. This was my second book by Stephen Graham Jones, and I definitely liked it better than the Night Mannaquins. Part of it was a connected more with this main character more, and I really liked this story a lot more. Because I totally didn't realize it was a creature feature until nearly the end. And that ending. Loved it. I'll definitely be given this author more of try this year. I might even go back and re-read Night Mannaquins, give it a second a chance.

HAPPY READING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment