Thursday, August 22, 2019

Book Haul


So, long story short I'm way behind on my Goodreads Challenge. In fact, I'm nine books behind schedule and August only has one week left in it. One whole week! With that in mind I went through my Graphic Novel shelf Goodreads to find some quick reads to shorten that gap down a bit. There is no better week to bust through that gap than during Bout of Books 26. In that search I found two Graphic Novels that I'd put off because my old library didn't have them, but since shelving them I have moved to a different library system. And what do you know?! They not only had them, but the arrived yesterday! Not only that, but tomorrow is one only full day off from work. Sometimes the gods smile down on you.


A Study of Emerald is a marriage between Sherlock Holmes and Lovecraft's Cthulhu. Plus it was written by Neil Gaiman. I see nothing wrong with any of these things. As for The October Faction... Honestly I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. But, it's giving some Addam's Family vibes mixed with Supernatural, which means I'm all in for that. It's also the first volume in a series. So if I like it as much as I think I will, I'll have a few more to help with nine book problem.

Points, if you see what I did there.

HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment