Friday, August 23, 2019

Mini Reviews




I loved this! So I kind new what to expect going into this story-line wise. I've lost count how many times I've read A Study in Scarlet. Though, looking back I probably should have realized something sooner, but there were just enough parallels that I didn't start questioning things until closer to the end. If you haven't read any of The Call of Cthulhu there's a handful of references that wont' make sense. I however loved the small little nods here and there besides the big obvious pieces. I also really loved the artwork, it fit the story really well. Also, there are these little ads between chapters that I loved. A little nod to the Penny Dreadful characters of the time: Springheel Jack, Dracula, ect. And, that twist at the end. So should have seen that coming. Really wish this was an ongoing series! 5 Stars!








Okay, so I'm not real sure what I just read. I mean I liked it, but what in the hell... The October Faction is just the right kind of weird for me, and I do enjoy when we just get hurled into a story and have struggle to find footing. Which is what happened here. It took a few pages for me to untangle the whole story, but once I found my feet I devoured this volume. The artwork is a little on the dark side, so there a few panels I was glad I was sitting by the lamp so I could see all the details. But, honestly considering story, I like that the artwork is darker. I also really like the artwork has a lot of hard angels and characters are a little disproportionate. So much happened in a little over a hundred pages that I'm not entirely certain what's going on. Or, even really why it's happening. But, I'm interested to see what's about to happen, and growing fond of a couple of characters. So I've put the second volume on order. 4 Stars!  





HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment