Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.


The chimneys of industry rise over Adua and the world seethes with new opportunities. But old scores run deep as ever.

On the blood-soaked borders of Angland, Leo dan Brock struggles to win fame on the battlefield, and defeat the marauding armies of Stour Nightfall. He hopes for help from the crown. But King Jezal's son, the feckless Prince Orso, is a man who specializes in disappointments.

Savine dan Glokta - socialite, investor, and daughter of the most feared man in the Union - plans to claw her way to the top of the slag-heap of society by any means necessary. But the slums boil over with a rage that all the money in the world cannot control.

The age of the machine dawns, but the age of magic refuses to die. With the help of the mad hillwoman Isern-i-Phail, Rikke struggles to control the blessing, or the curse, of the Long Eye. Glimpsing the future is one thing, but with the guiding hand of the First of the Magi still pulling the strings, changing it will be quite another...


Why I'm Waiting: Because I loved the First Law series, despite how it ended for certain characters. At least this time I'm going into the series knowing everyone I love will die.

HAPPY READING!!

6 comments:

  1. I have had a couple of his older books on my shelf waiting to be read forever now. I don't know why I haven't picked them up. This one sounds like it will be good too! I hope you enjoy it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool helmet. I hope you love it as much as the other series - even though the characters die.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's always the ones I love. They hurt me so...

      Delete