Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.


Maine, 1846. Gideon Stone is desperate to escape the ghosts that haunt him in Massachusetts after his wife's death, so he moves to Pale Harbor, Maine, where there is a vacancy for a new minister. Gideon and his late wife had always dreamed of building their own church, and Pale Harbor is the perfect opportunity.

But not all is as it seems in the sleepy town of Pale Harbor. Strange, unsettling things have been happening, and the townspeople know that only one person can be responsible: Sophronia Carver, a widow who lives with a spinster maid in the decaying Castle Carver on the edge of town. Sophronia is a recluse, rumored to be a witch who killed her husband.

When Gideon meets her, he knows the charming, beautiful woman cannot be guilty of anything. Together, Gideon and Sophronia realize that the mysterious events have one thing in common: they all contain an element from the wildly popular stories of Mr. Edgar Allan Poe. And when the events escalate to murder, Gideon and Sophronia must find the real killer, before it's too late for them both.



Why I'm Waiting: This is my second Hester Fox book on my TBR. This one has a lot of elements I love in books: murder mystery, ghosts, and a promise of a bit of Poe. So I'm excited for this one as well.

HAPPY READING!!

6 comments:

  1. This was one of my picks last week. I can't wait to read it either! I hope we both love it when we read it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I should by the time and read her other book! Enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to read this one too. I just LOVE that cover!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete