Saturday, September 12, 2020

Mini Reviews

 



 I didn't know much about this going in. I'm a fan of Joelle Jones, one of my favorite comic series is Lady Killer, which was reason enough to pick it up. The story takes place in a dystopian world where a virus had "dusted" all the adults. No one above the age of twelve is still alive, and the story starts off with our main character, Lisa, hunting down food on local farms. You learn about the virus through a letter a father left for his son, and you sort of piece the rest together. I have a few questions that I wished would have been addressed. Mostly how Logan survived his burns and if anyone recently had survived the age of thirteen. There is a mention of antidote, but nothing more is brought up about it. The plot was easy to follow and flowed pretty well, Joelle Jones artwork was vibrant and brought the story to life. It reminds me of the show I use to watch with my little brother, The Tribe. 3 Stars!

What a weird and creepy little book of nursery rhymes. It's definitely in the vein of Edward Gorey with a dash of Addams family here and there. Each story has a "moral" to it, though I wouldn't really recommend this to kids. As an adult though it was a fun way to get into Spooky Season. Some twisted nursery rhymes before bed. The stories are small and the entire book is a quick and fun read. The artwork is a great addition to each story. I only ran into a couple of issues, both might be because I read this in ebook form through my Libby app. So they aren't really worth mentioning since neither really pulled away from my overall enjoyment. 3 Stars!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment