Thursday, September 17, 2020

Mini Reviews


This was absolutely adorable! I didn't realize this was written by a father/daughter duo that wrote this. Which makes it all more adorable. The story itself is written in iambic pentameter and follows the story as Yorick resurrection after many, many, years. The artwork is bright, vivid, and is a wonderful addition as Yorick navigates this new world. As for the story itself, it's very heartwarming as Yorick searches for a friend only to realize he's had one all along. It's a lovely reminder of why we care so much for our furry friends, and how sometimes what we're looking for is right in front of us. 5 Stars!

This was a weird set of short stories that were told to the reader at the same club, the Diogenes.  Like with most short story collections there were some I liked and some I didn't. I wouldn't go out on a limb and say they were scary, but they were definitely weird. The artwork was good and helped to tell each story and tie them to the club. Though this is very much an adult graphic novel. I wish a couple of the stories had been expanded a few more pages, and that the panels wouldn't have been so tightly packed. It made it hard to follow the story in a couple of places, and hard to see details in the ebook version. 3 Stars!

What a strange little novella. It wasn't at all what I was thinking it would be. I'm not sure how I got it stuck in my head that this more a Gothic tale. While I imagine waking up to realize you have turned into a beetle is horrifying, especially one that as large as Gregor was, the story was sadder than anything else. Gregor sort of came at being turned into a beetle a far bit more rationally than the rest of us, and you have to give is family some credit they tried. I think, though maybe they could have done better. After all, he could have turned into a far my vile creature than a beetle no matter is size. Still, my heart broke for Gregor as the story went on, and I wished he'd just escaped. It was an interesting ready and after sitting on my shelf for five years I finally picked up. I just don't see myself reading any other stories by Kafka anytime soon. 3 Stars!

HAPPY READING!!






No comments:

Post a Comment