Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally, they are books that have yet to be released but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.

In the aftermath of Headmaster Boddy’s murder, Blackbrook Academy has been thrown into complete disarray. Half the student body hasn’t bothered to return to campus—but those who have include Orchid, Vaughn, Scarlett, Peacock, Plum, and Mustard, now warily referred to by the other students as the Murder Crew. When another staff member is found dead and an anonymous threat begins to target the group, each of the teen’s opportunistic reasons for sticking around come to light. Orchid’s identity comes under question while Vaughn’s family life takes a turn; Finn and Mustard grow closer; and Scarlett and Beth struggle to turn over new leaves. All of this comes to a dramatic head at Tudor House with a cliff-hanger... 

Why I'm Waiting: I really adored the first book in this series, and I'm excited to jump back into this series and found out what the twins are up to!

HAPPY READING!!

4 comments:

  1. I read the blurb before looking at the title closely and thought to myself, "Those names sound awfully familiar." LOL Clue was one of my favorite games growing up. This sounds like a fun mystery series! I will have to check it out. I hope you enjoy In the Study With the Wrench when you read it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the game and the movie, and the first book was a lot of fun. So I'm really excited for the second book. I hope you check it out and enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. I still have the first one sitting on my TBR shelf to read. Now I need this one too! Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa Loves Literature's Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I'm very interested to see how everything ties up in the end. I really liked the first one, though!

      Delete