Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally, they are books that have yet to be released but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.

Emilia and her twin sister Vittoria are streghe – witches who live secretly among humans, avoiding notice and persecution. One night, Vittoria misses dinner service at the family’s renowned Sicilian restaurant. Emilia soon finds the body of her beloved twin…desecrated beyond belief. Devastated, Emilia sets out to find her sister’s killer and to seek vengeance at any cost-even if it means using dark magic that’s been long forbidden.

Then Emilia meets Wrath, one of the Wicked-princes of Hell she has been warned against in tales since she was a child. Wrath claims to be on Emilia’s side, tasked by his master with solving the series of women’s murders on the island. But when it comes to the Wicked, nothing is as it seems…



Why I'm Waiting: I don't see a lot of books that feature a streghe as their sort of "creature feature", and I just started Stalking Jack the Ripper I do love Kerri Maniscalco's writing style.

HAPPY READING!!

7 comments:

  1. this sounds incredible! I am a huge fan of Maniscalco's writing so I am very very eager to read this. great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her last series wasn't my jam, but I have high Hope's for this one!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read this author even though I really want to! Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Kerri Maniscalco before. I love the sound of this one though. Witches! That's a definite draw for me. I hope you enjoy this one when you read it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete