Monday, October 26, 2020

Short Horror Mini Reviews

 

This is the second book in the Greenhollow Duology series and told from Silver's point-of-view. We get introduced to a new character Maude, honestly, I could take her or leave her. I understood her point in the story and she's young and ambitious, kind of like Silver in the first book. She was fine. I was not happy with Silver for a good chunk of this book. Like I know your life sucks but really dude. He deserved what Tobias did even if it broke my heart. But, all of these are personal. As for the story itself, it was beautifully written. I had no problem picturing the rocky seaside town of Rothport, or the desolation of the Fey Kingdom. It was a wonderful story of Silver becoming the Green Man, his version, not the version Tobias was, or the one Tobias wanted him to be. I also loved the ending of this book and giving Bramble a part in that ending. Honestly, I'd love to get another volume because I love the main characters in this series!    

This was close to a four-star read for me. So close! In fact, I really liked this story and how it was told as a confession. I thought the pacing was great. There was enough padding between the major plot points to get a feeling for the Home and the farms around them. Part of me felt bad for Wilf, but another part of me hated him because of all he kept taking one step forward and two steps back. My heart bled for Hank, that poor kid never had a chance. For me, this book was more grotesque than scary, which was fine by me. I don't mind a bit of gore. My biggest issue was about three-quarters of the way through the book. I just got to the point where Wilf was still talking, and talking, and talking, and all I could think is why are there more pages. Now that being said I did like the twist at the very end. It left with me questions but was also satisfying. I am also really excited to watch the Neflix movie based on this because I think it will translate to the screen well.

HAPPY READING!!







No comments:

Post a Comment