Thursday, July 28, 2022

Duped! - Review

Author: Andreas Schroeder
Genre: Nonfiction / Graphic Novel
Format: Hardback
Pages: 196

I was cruising through the True Crime section at one of the branches of my library, as one does. When this title caught my eye, along with the fun artwork on the cover. I was really excited to read it because, with a quick look at the table of contents, I actually heard of a lot of these "cons".

This book kind of hit the middle of the road for me. 

On the one hand, I did learn some really great historic fun facts that I never knew. I loved that this was actually geared for younger readers. And, the little comics and pop-ups throughout the chapter were a lot of fun. In fact, they kept the book from getting completely dry.

However, on the other hand, it was a little dry. While this is a short book, and I figured it would a quick read, it really wasn't. Maybe it was my expectations of the book. I figured this would be a fun re-telling of these stories. Maybe a bit like Drunk History. It was not. Instead, it was something I might read in middle school history.

After one chapter I found myself done with the book for the day. While I learned something new and kind of cool. I felt like I'd just spent the last hour being talked out.

So I was a bit disappointed in this one. I'm glad I snagged it from the library because it has one of those titles and covers I would have snapped right up at the bookstore.

Yeah, didn't hate it, but it was just okay.




HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment