Friday, July 29, 2022

Something is Killing the Children Vol 4 - Review

Author: James Tynion IV
Genre: Horror / Graphic Novel 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 144

I am in love with this series, and I always seem to forget from one volume to the next how much I love Erica Slaughter. Beyond thrilled that this series is continuing not that the first story has wrapped. While that story did have a firm conclusion, I was left with so many questions.

While not all of them got answered in this volume, some did. Because we finally got a look into how Erica became a part of the Order of St. George. 

In the first storyline, Tynion has us sort of an abridged version of Erica's past. Little teaser if you will that was dolled out to help get other children to trust her.

But, this dived deep into just how Erica joined the Order of St. George and the women who saved, and I use that term very loosely, her. It sets her up to become the women we met in the first volume.

I was hooked with this series straight out of the gate. Tynion's storytelling is top-notch, and I just want to dive into the mythology of this order and the creatures they create. The artists he uses are also amazing and help set the scene for the horror that Tynion's story creates. 

This isn't just something you read, it's something you dive into. Every panel adds just a little more to the story with little details. I'm obsessed with this series, and I cannot wait for October when the next volume comes out!

But, first I need to deep dive into the side series about Aaron Slaughter, Erica's rival and brother-in-arms!



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment