Saturday, September 21, 2024

Book Haul


 The plan was to go spooky shopping. I had things I wanted to get for Halloween. Just little things to have around the house year. Something new to add to decorations. I had a list and was not going to detour for the list. I am saving up for a new reading chair. Something a little smaller for my space, and a little more comfy. My first mistake was going alone. My second mistake was taking a side quest when I took a back road to avoid an accident on the highway. I ran into a store to find something for a co-worker going through a hard time. I didn't find the thing I wanted, but I ended up with a spooky purse that I'm in love with. So that happened.


However, after that side quest not a single thing I was hoping to get was in store. Everything was sold out and had to be ordered online. One of those things I did order because during the winter, if I'm in a restaurant I'm live in sweatpants. And, thanks to a friend I just found a pair that I don't have a couple of houses (I'm built weirdly both literally and figuratively). Long story short, now I have two pairs. But! Because everything I budgeted to buy was not in store, or I needed to go along with my life. I took that money and decided to go to the comic book store that just opened this summer.


One of the series I need to finish is Something is Killing the Children, and I also read a lot of graphic novels in the winter. It's cold and wet here, the latter is fine, but I really hate the cold. I put up with it because it's beautiful out here, but I hate it. So I spend winter curled up in a blanket nest reading and watching cooking shows. Or, standing in front of the stone oven at work soaking up every single inch of warmth in that kitchen.

So now I have no excuse to not finish this series because I own all the books! This winter I can power through this series, have my heart ripped from my chest, and mourn both of my favorite characters being dead. 

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment