Thursday, September 12, 2024

Mini Reviews

 


Huge thank you NetGalley for letting me read this early! The country is huge and filled with haunted and creepy places to visit, and this book is just the tip of the iceberg. But what is great about this book is can both authors loved what they were researching and really wanted to share it with their readers. These weren't just tourist trap kind of stops, but places they found on accident or that locals sent them to. After reading the ebook version of this book, I really need a physical copy. I want to cover it with tabs and sticky notes of places to go, vacations to plans, or shops to visit online to support where I can. If you love haunted houses and the paranormal this is perfect for you. Travels of Terror hit shelves on August 27! 


I saw this while I was book shopping for my niece, and the cover caught my attention. So, I immediately added it to my library holds. Personally, I did really like this. It was unique, and I really liked the artwork that accompanied the story. I will say I'm not sure if this was a book I'd expect to find in the Children's Picture book section of the bookstore. The story itself is a little dark for young readers, especially at the end. Because that was a plot twist I didn't realize was going to happen. I'd say this sits from Middle Grade and up. Still a solid story and a quick read. I really like it and it was perfect for the start of Spooky Season.


Listen this was fine. It was quip and fun and kind of ridiculous. There were moments I really liked, but between those moments was this stupid show, contest, thing that made no sense. The competition itself made no sense. So this was just okay. I enjoyed it well enough and it was a very quick read. I just don't really have the will to finish this series. I don't care about the other brothers, I barely cared about Crimson. I'm not invested enough. It did have some laugh-out-loud moments between the main characters. 




HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment