Friday, September 20, 2019

Book Haul


Okay, so every year I pick one book to start kick my Fall reading. How does my Fall reading differ from the rest of the year? Well, it's the perfect weather to curl up on my patio, or in my living room, with something a little scarier, a littler creepier, than usual. Something could possible make me sleep with the lights on. Last year I was a bit disappointed with my pick. While this author has written books that freaked me right out, last the one I picked up left me wanting. So, this year I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be disappointed again.

And, wouldn't you know it I say the trailer for Doctor Sleep. I realized two things very quickly. The first was that I somehow missed that it was the sequel to the Shining, and the second thing was I couldn't remember if I've ever actually read the Shining. I know I've seen the movie. That is something you don't generally forget doing.



Just like that my problem was solved. This year I was going to make to read the Shining. So I put it on hold immediately. Because surely with Doctor Sleep coming out a lot of people were going to attempt to re-read everything. The answer is apparently not. Because the book arrived much quicker than I thought it would. Which means I've cleared a spot in my freezer for when I need a break, and let's me honest. I'm not going to wait until I finished my current read.

I'm going to need something to read to make world better while Stephen King tears it apart with what's about to happen inside this book. I know it's not going to be good, but I've got high hopes that I'm going to love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment