Friday, September 13, 2019

Mini Reviews



Sadly, while I do love the works of H.P. Lovecraft, I don't actually know a lot of about him. Just bits and pieces here and there. While this Graphic Novel doesn't dive deep into his life. It does hit the milestones, introduces a handful of authors he knew and wrote to, and showed how he struggled to get the publishing world to understand his stories. It's sad that he never got to see how many people who fall in love with his stories, but this Graphic Novel was a nice little introduction into the past of H.P. Lovecraft. 3 Stars!





I'm loving this series! It's the perfect way to slip into Fall and some of my more horror and thriller set books. I adore Vivian, Geoff, and Dante. This one is set not long after Volume One ends and it's Halloween. So Dante is able to be and about. We finally get answers about the hell Cope is, and find out just how weirdly disturbing that family is. A lot of action in Volume Two, and finally the kids are able to joint the family business. Though I'm kind of Fred and his high horse issues. He needs to get over himself. Super excited for Volume Three and to learn that Netflix has picked up this series!  4 Stars!





I was a little disappointed in this one. It's set as a prequel to the first John Wick movie. So maybe had sights set a little too high, but I was hoping for more of an origin story. What this really was how how John Wick got introduced into the business. It gave us a little snap shot at John's childhood, but nothing that really sink your teeth into it. While the artwork was great and worked with the kind of story that John Wick is, the story was clunky and just left me wanting more. This one really didn't answer any of my questions about John's past, just left me wanting more. 2 Stars.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment