Friday, June 14, 2024

Summer Graphic Novel TBR


Summer is only six very short days away. I'm so ready for long sunny days! Don't get me wrong I love curling up and reading while it rains all snuggled up under a blanket. But there is also a part of me that is like a lizard and just wants to curl up in a sunny spot and read too. I'm very much in the latter era right now. Even if it means wearing the same amount of sunscreen as a vampire. Of course, the question is what to read, and I have so many very good choices of books on my shelves. Many, many good choices. Some have been collecting dust since before I lived in my current apartment for six years.

That picture drawn, this post is not about those books. No, that would make sense. This post is in fact about the graphic novels that I want to read this summer. There's a lot. Not all of them are pictures here because I have a TBR set aside at the library to pull from because there is a series I want to start (Earthdivers), a series I need to finish (Something is Killing the Children), and some stand-alones that have come across my dash.




But first I'd like to get through this stack before I jump into anything else. Mostly because Something is Killing the Children is going to emotionally end me, and I'd love to put that off with happier things for as long as possible. I have to emotionally read to be emotionally compromised. They've already killed off my favorite characters twice. Who knows if the second will hold. Still, after Sleep Tight I need to distance myself from more trauma. Because that had trauma by the bucket loads. Thousand and thousands of buckets.

Anyway... This is just the tip of the iceberg of books I want to read this summer! 


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment