Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine. 

Release Date: February 27, 2018
Author: Rachel Hartman
Genre: Fantasy & Young Adult
Pages: 544

In the medieval kingdom of Goredd, women are expected to be ladies, men are their protectors, and dragons get to be whomever they want. Tess, stubbornly, is a troublemaker. You can’t make a scene at your sister’s wedding and break a relative’s nose with one punch (no matter how pompous he is) and not suffer the consequences. As her family plans to send her to a nunnery, Tess yanks on her boots and sets out on a journey across the Southlands, alone and pretending to be a boy.

Where Tess is headed is a mystery, even to her. So when she runs into an old friend, it’s a stroke of luck. This friend is a quigutl—a subspecies of dragon—who gives her both a purpose and protection on the road. But Tess is guarding a troubling secret. Her tumultuous past is a heavy burden to carry, and the memories she’s tried to forget threaten to expose her to the world in more ways than one.



Why I'm Waiting: I've heard so many good things about Rachel Harman's writing, and I love the synopsis of them all. Which means I had to add Tess of the Road to my TBR as well!

HAPPY READING!! 

6 comments:

  1. The last Rachel Hartman book I've read was Seraphina. This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read those before this one since they're set in the same world!

      Delete
  2. I've seen mixed reviews of this one but I'm still curious. Hope you love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my TBR too! so cute! I can't wait! BUT 500 plus pages??? ugh LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know?! This is definitely not going to be a bus book! :)

      Delete