Tuesday, December 20, 2022

2023 Reading Goals


There's about a week and a half left in 2022. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact the year is at an end. Mostly because I'm having a hard time with the fact that Christmas is this weekend. A part of me feels like I should still have at least another 2 weeks before that happens. Alas, I am wrong, Christmas is in five very short days. Three and a half of which I'll be at work. All of this is a long of saying, what the hell happened to this year?!

Still, with just eleven days left in the year, it is time to set new goals for 2023. Well, they aren't new goals, just restart the ones from last year. While I exceeded my reading goal this year, I don't want to add extra stress by increasing that number, 65 is a comfortable number I know I can reach. The whole point of this is to have and track what I read. Not stress myself out for a silly number that at the end of the day doesn't matter. Sixty-five is a goal I know I can reach and complete, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reading Goal: 65 Books
Pages Goal: 15,000 Pages
BINGO Goal: 2 BINGOs

Not all my goals are ones I know I'm going to reach. Our BINGO challenge has been hit, or miss, for me. Some years I do absolutely great and smash it. In other years, getting an actual BINGO is like pulling out my own teeth. So two felt like a good compromise, and a good way to knock some books off my physical TBR.

The pages read are a whole other story. I'm going to be a few thousand pages short this year from reaching the same goal in 2022, but I'm not going to let that discourage me. I'll set it again this year and see how I do. 

On top of these goals, I'm also doing the BINGO Reading Challenge with my friends. You can help decide what books to put in our squares this year, by clicking here! That's the only other reading challenge I have planned for myself this year. I've done a few others in the past, but I found last year that I don't keep up well with Bout of Books anymore with the nature of my new position. And that job also makes Dewey's 24-hour readathons impossible because I work every weekend. So, if anyone has a 2023 reading challenge they think I should jump into, drop me a comment below and I'll see if I can fit them into my reading for the new year!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment