Saturday, August 10, 2024

Library Haul

 

What I always need is more books to read, but this month it is a super small haul. One of these books I put on hold the second the library let me because I was so excited about it. The other was a last-minute edition while reading another book because I wanted to read it. I figured the latter would come sooner than the former. But, I should have known better with my luck that both would come in at the same time. Though I'm sure I'll power through both of them because I adore both of these authors.


Cherie Priest, I discovered because of the library nearly a decade ago. Found one of her series, devoured it, and never looked back. So I was excited to see she had another series out, and despite the three other books I'm reading, I know I need to jump into this fast. 39 people are waiting on this book. So there will be no renewing it. So this book first, then back into my NetGalley reads for a bit.

I discovered Harold Schechter back in 2020 while I was out of work because of the COVID shutdowns. Since then I've devoured anything by him. I really like the way he writes about true crime without sugar-coating or throwing light punches. His books always smack me in the feelings and shock me, like a jaw on the floor at moments. I literally I'm nearly finished with one of the books and I've already snagged another. I'm always excited to pick up one of his books.

I'm hoping both of these are August reads! I'd really like to be able to dive into both of them, on top of everything else I have set aside for the month. It's a pretty pile which is a little bold considering how busy I am this weekend and then with some special guests to arrive toward the end of the month. So we shall see.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment