Monday, August 5, 2024

Mini Reviews






So many Gerts. I'd love to get the backstory on all of these Gerts and their dimension. But more importantly, Larry is back! Nothing else matters because Gert has found Larry. I missed him most of all! It was fun to see Duncan again, and this time all grown up. And now he breathes fire! So there's that. I also loved how this one ended, and I'm so excited for volume seven! Because while everyone can find a way to survive in Fairyland, but I don't think everyone can survive in the real world. Not even someone who used to be Queen.



THIS WAS SO CUTE! Listen I grew up going to summer camp, and it was a core part of my childhood. So books that are summer camp-themed (both humorous and spooky) hold a special place in my heart. And, this was the perfect sick-day read. It holds all the whimsy of what summer camp (even one for vampires) should be for kids. The friends you make, the things you learn about yourself and others, and the memories you make. This story is a hundred percent wholesome, while also very funny. For a long time, I will be yelling that I'm Midly Uncomfortable! for weeks going forward. This story has so many positive themes for young readers and is a lot of fun for older readers who need something wholesome with a HEA vibe. While rating artwork is always hard for me, the art for this was fun, and despite being a vampire book, was bright and colorful. The whole thing is super cute! Just pick it up, do it! You won't regret it!



This was fine. In fact, it had some really cute moments, especially with the itty bitty fail-wolf, who is undoubtedly my favorite side character. I do like this version of Mr. Hyde it has some David Bowie vibes via Labyrinth. Which I was here for. I was also all for this twist on Dr Frankestien and that this monster was the cannon monster (not that I don't love the Universal version). However I wasn't a real fan of the fact of how Dr. Frankenstien acted toward Dr. Jekyll, I found her more annoying than anything. I do love that Dr. Moreau is the main villain in this, and I love the idea of the society that Dr. Jekyll was trying to create. This one fell flat for me. The cover and the synopsis really pulled me in, but I don't know. I may want something more scary, and this is definitely geared toward younger readers. Which is the reason it let me down. There is another volume coming out, but I'll probably snag it from the library. I'd like to see Hyde go up again Moreau. 




HAPPY READING!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment