Monday, May 29, 2023

Blogaversary


In case you didn't know, today marks Eight Years of Bookish Whispers. Eight Years, it honestly doesn't seem like I've been doing this for that long. I had to triple check the math was right and go back to the first few posts way back in May of 2016. Back when I started on this on a whim to just write about the books I loved and books I was excited to read. Back when I had no idea what I was in for, or how I was going to do this. Just that I wanted to share my love of books with whatever tiny little platform I could create.

At that point, I was still using the laptop I had for college and had no idea how to make my own graphic, or even what kind of reviewer I wanted to be. I didn't know what kind of theme I wanted for this blog. Back when I was reading mostly fantasy, had just moved to a new city, and started a new job. And, for some unknown reason, I thought, let's jump into this Book Blogging business with both feet and see what happens. Because apparently, I'm crazy. Also, in my defense, I brought this idea up with friends, and no one had the right mind to stop him. So, maybe none of them realized just how much Bookish Whispers would become my life.

Fast forward to today, I still have no idea what kind of reviewer I am. I just sort of spill my opinions onto the page and try to make sense of them for everyone reading. I still suck at making my own graphics, Canva is an absolute lifesaver. My theme is that I have none. Though I do have three set weekly posts of books I'm excited to read and a yearly Book BINGO Challenge with friends. I've updated my computer three times since then. I'm currently still learning how to use my new one. But so many good things have come my way in the last few years.

I now get to work with Quirk Books to talk about, read, and show off their books. Some of which have become some of my favorite books. I've been able to get to know a handful of authors that I absolutely adore, and have been introduced to some amazing people through Bookstagram. An account that is about to celebrate three years! I've been able to share my love of books with so many people and have some pretty amazing adventures with friends to new bookstores. It's been an incredible eight years full of stress, failure, and the occasional thoughts I've why am still doing this.

But every single time someone reminds me why. My views will skyrocket for new reasons, and I refuse to believe it's bots. Or, someone will comment something on my Instagram, and I'm reminded why I do this on top of my full-time job. 

So this has basically become a long way of saying thank you to everyone who has had my back in these last eight years. Who has celebrated every little victory with me, who has let me whine when things have gone sideways, and who is always up to go book shopping when I need more content. You have all been my rock and I wouldn't have managed these last eight years without here. So here's to another eight years, another ten. However long people keep reading my posts, visiting the site, and loving my Bookstagram. Bookish Whispers wouldn't be what is without you. Hell without one of you, it wouldn't even have a name. So thank you! 


Bookish Whispers Quick Links:
Instagram: @Bookish_Whispers
Twitter: @BookishShh
Book BINGO: Here!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment