Friday, May 26, 2023

National Dracula Day


Dracula was the first creature feature book I ever read. I was fairly young when I read it too, young enough I still had a babysitter over the summer. The version I read was the Great Illustrated Classics, the one edited to my read by younger readers. I even remember the librarian asking me if I really wanted to read this because might be too scary, she had no idea that only made me want to read it more. I read that version in a week and I loved it. Which is probably what lead me down the vampire spiral in middle school more. To this day I can gladly say I never made it through the first Twilight book.

Of course, loving Dracula lead me down their rabbit hole then reading the whole collection of Great Illustrated Classics, where I feel the love for all sorts of creatures and characters. It put me ahead in school when we read the full version of these books, but Dracula always remained my favorite. I've seen all the movies with him. The Universal Studio version with Bela Lugosi's version is hands down my favorite. 


Today we celebrate Dracula and its writer Bram Stoker because I can easily say this is the only one of his books I enjoy. But, I love it in that way that it's pure luck I don't have several versions of just this one book. 

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment