Monday, May 15, 2023

Reading Check-In

My sleep schedule, and work schedule, have been all over the place the last few weeks. So it's been hard to really sit down and read outside of my days off. But, I'm reading three great books. One is a re-read that just got a full-cast audiobook. So despite already reading two other books, I downloaded part one. I'm always looking for a reason to restart the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. 




I second put Raptor Red on the back burner because Salem's Lot is finally picking up. Currently, I don't have much of an opinion on it because I'm only twenty pages into it. It's as weird as I thought it would be though.

'Salem's Lot moved a lot slower than I thought it would. The first half of the book is really just a slice of small-town life. Now everything is starting to pick up. I'm not finding this scary exactly, but it's interesting. At the same time, I could care less about most of these characters. The Marsten House has my attention and the weird history surrounding it. 

This is probably going to be a mid-Stephen King read for me. Not a favorite, but an interestingly, spooky, small-town, kind of horror novel.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment