Saturday, May 27, 2023

Currently Listening To


When it comes to audiobooks I'm a little more picky than when it comes to the physical ones. Even if it's a book I've read before, sometimes I just feel like I'm being talked at. However, when a book releases a full-cast audio version of one of my favorite books, I reopen my Audible account just so I can both parts. Then proceed to ignore my physical reads to listen to this bad boy. Because I can do what I want. It also helps that I'm very much in love with Sevro, and yes I know that's not the best. 

But, here we are.


So I'm only a couple of hours into this and I'm loving it. Even though I know pain is coming, so much pain. Still, it's great, and I realize there was so much I missed in the first reading that I'm discovering through this second read. I'm even reading along with my physical copy and highlighting pieces as we go. There's no reason behind my highlighting, just great one-liners and just deep moments Pierce put into Darrow's thoughts. Things I want to remember when I read this book again. Because this really is a series, I could read it again and again. 

If you haven't checked out the Red Rising series, than this is your call to do it. It's so much more than just a science fiction, dystopian novel. Pierce has created an amazing world and great characters that I've fallen in love with all over again. And if you have read this series, you need to check out this full cast audio version! I was this many years old when I realized Darrow was meant to be Irish, up until now it never really dawned on me. But, I'm also bad at picturing characters in novels. It's weird reading face blindness or something. 

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment