Monday, May 22, 2023

National Sherlock Holmes Day


Today is Arther Conan Doyle's birthday, which makes today National Sherlock Holmes Day. Like most, I was introduced to the Sherlock Holmes series in school, and while most of the class hated it, like any classic we were forced to read, I fell in love. I've read Hound of the Baskervilles so much I've lost count, it's my favorite of the entire series. I've also read so many spin-off series, both good and bad. Not to mention the number of movies and TV Shows I've also seen. Also both good and bad. One had dinosaurs in it, and for the life of me, I cannot remember why. Still, the stories still remain some of my favorites, and I have collected several versions of Hound of the Baskervilles and probably will collect more in the near future.

My prized possession is the complete works edition that my parents got me many, many Christmas ago. Yeah, it's the Barnes and Noble one, but it's so pretty with its built-in bookmark and gold edges. I've never actually used it for reading because I'm so worried I'll mess up the pages or something. But, it's one of my favorite books that I own. 



So today to celebrate I might watch one of the movies, thanks to an amazing lady I even own some of the old-school Sherlock Holmes on DVD, might be time to dust those off.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment