Saturday, April 4, 2020

Shot, Stabbed, and Poisoned - Review


Author: Jonathan J. Moore
Genre:  Nonfiction
Format: Paperback
Pages: 244


The biggest thing I realized while reading this book is how lacking my education was in the area of world history. Specially things that occurred in really the not so distant past that I felt like I should have known. Which means this book has definitely pushed me to make it a priority to add more of nonfiction books to my TBR.

However, I kind of had a love hate relationship with this book. There were parts of it that I devoured and thought were fascinating. Parts where I laughed at who ridiculous it all was, or something the author had to say. Other parts left me confused due to the fact the writing was completely clear. Though I'm not a hundred percent sure that was the writers fault. I caught a couple of editing mistakes. The same name used for the victim and the victim's brother. Which I guess could happen, but it wasn't made overly clear.

Still, I really thing the pros out weighed the cons here. The parts I liked, I really enjoyed. Not to mention the amount of research that went into this books was amazing! The photos were a great addition to the sections, especially for me when I had no idea who some of these people were.  It didn't feel like I was reading a textbook, which is usually why I have a hard time with nonfiction.

As a whole it is a well put together book and I learned quite a bit. Though, I have to admit I skipped a few chapter on the assassination I did know a bit about. I was too eager to get to the pieces I didn't know.

Buy, Borrow, or Skip: I say borrow. There is a lot of interesting information inside, and it well researched. It's just not something I see myself reading again.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment