Saturday, January 7, 2023

An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good - Review

Author: Helen Tursten
Genre: Murder Mystery
Format: Hardback
Pages: 178

This is one of those books whose cover caught my eye every time I went book shopping. Not to mention the title makes you want to pick it up just to see what it's about, and every single time I put it back thinking, maybe next time. Maybe next time. 

Well, last year was finally the right time, and this year was the perfect time to read it. After a long list of pretty intense reads I wanted something a bit more cozy.

This book did not let me down, but it was also not what I thought it was going to be. Somehow in my mind, I thought Maude would be solving these crimes. Years of reading Agatha Christie probably being the reason why. That was not the case at all.

Maude was the opposite of helpful, and I enjoyed every single second of this book. 

It is a collection of short stories, and through those stories, you learn about Maude's life. The timeline on this isn't linear, but I found it easy to keep track of when and where we were. I liked the way the stories were stacked together. Starting in the presented. It was a great way to learn about Maude and a great tie-in to not only the second book in the series but a great tie in other books by Helen Tursten.

Like any short story collection, I liked some more than others, but there wasn't a single story in this book that I didn't like to some degree. It was a lot of fun, and I jumped straight into the second book in this series.

I also need to check out other series by this author. Because it wasn't just Maude I enjoyed, it was the overall storytelling as well.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment