Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Feel the Bern - Review

Author: Andrew Shaffer
Genre: Cozy Murder Mystery
Format: Paperback
Pages: 288

Andrew Shaffer is a favorite author of mine. So when I heard he had another cozy murder mystery hitting shelves, I couldn't have gotten to the presale fast enough. I thought the Biden Murder Mystery series was hilarious, and I knew this one would be just as good.

This book did not disappoint.

Crash is an easily relatable character, even if you aren't the overachiever that she is. I related to the need to get out of her small town to someplace bigger. 

Feel the Bern is everything you want from a cozy murder mystery. It's full of misdirect, red herrings, and amazing one-liners, and the killer is never who you think it is. Or, in this case, that you want it to be. Though I would say Jagger at least got tackled to the ground. So at least someone got a pop shot at him.

It's fast-paced, full of laughs, and there are recipes! The latter is always a way to my heart. I'm even going to have to try a couple of the recipes, and that last one will go to a friend of mine whose into that kind of baking. 

If you know, you know.

Honestly, I got everything I wanted out of this book and even got a tease of the second book. Which I would love, Crash and Bernie make a great team. But, mostly I want more Ben and Jerry. So happy they didn't stick with Jagger! 

Also, I would love for the Cannon Cove books to become a thing. I would read all of those without question. I'd watch that show without fail. Just saying...

But, Feel the Bern is a riot, and if you love cozy murder mysteries, this is for you!



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment