Saturday, January 14, 2023

An Elderly Lady Must Not Be Crossed - Review

Author: Helen Tursten
Genre: Murder Mystery
Format: Hardback
Pages: 261


As I mentioned in my review of this first book, found here, I jumped into this one right after the first book. I don't remember the last time I did that with a book series. My toxic trait is that I have a bad habit of finishing series. 

This is the quickest I've finished a series.

Book Two kicks off right after Book One, listen the titles are great by long as all get out, so Book One and Two are where I'm using, deal with it. Anyway, this book takes off right after the last book ends. Maude is getting ready for a Safari vacation.

What I like about this book is the first few stories take place while Maude is on the plane to South Africa. During that time we get a look back at her backstory. Which I thought was great. We get to look at her childhood, as a teacher, and what happened to her sister. I thought it was a clever way to tell her backstory.

I also really liked the story of her South Africa. At first, I was worried she was going to pass away on the trip, especially when I was halfway through the story and no one had yet to die. I was so glad that wasn't the case. It's a bit of a long story but it is my favorite of the two books.

I love how this duology ended for Maude, but I was also bummed this was the last book. Why does it have to be a duology? I could read several books set around Maude all year! Though I feel like Tursten gave her a great send-off.

It's also a really good reason to jump into other books by Tursten.


 
HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment